Monday, December 29, 2008

intentions...

intention |inˈten ch ən|nouna thing intended; an aim or plan she was full of good intentions [withinfinitive the Ukraine and Kazakhstan have both declared their intention to be nuclear-free.• the action or fact of intending intention is just one of the factors that will be considered.• ( one's intentions) a person's designs, esp. a man's, in respect to marriage if his intentions aren't honorable, I never want to see him again.Medicine the healing process of a wound. See first intention , second intention .DERIVATIVESintentioned |1nˈtɛn(t)ʃənd| adjective [in combination a well-intentioned remark.ORIGIN late Middle English : from Old French entencionfrom Latinintentio(n-) ‘stretching, purpose,’ from intendere (see intend ).
intentions, intentions, oh what may they be?it's been a while since i've pried open my head and forced myself to translate any of my thoughts down to a purveyance of text...today, as i went about the business of a busy day spent doing the most unbusiest of things, i found myself pondering upon the subject of intentions. most specifically, my intentions.for what are they, these intentions of mine? i observe, i think, i muddle and weigh things back and forth, and as i do so, those little voices (whom i'm sure most all people of moderate sentience are familiar with) pop up and pipe in, offering suggestions or reasonings, or why or why not i should pursue a certain course of action. and as these voices argue, as they debate and rebut, i sit there and listen, and wonder myself: what really am i intending to do? for my heart may say one thing, and my head another, but what am i really intending to do?
women and girlsfamily and friendswould life be easiestif it were easier to mend

No comments:

Post a Comment